How eMentoring Works
At the start of the school year, mentors are paired with an Aboriginal youth (called a mentee) who has similar interests and preferences. Together, mentors and mentees work through the Personal Quest, an interactive online curriculum that incorporates cultural content from local communities across British Columbia. Mentors support and encourage mentees to set goals, explore interests and transition into high school or post-secondary programs. Mentors and mentees communicate through an online platform similar to a discussion board. All messages are filtered to ensure the safety of both the mentee and mentor.
- Age 18 or older
- Currently enrolled or recently graduated from a post-secondary program in British Columbia
- Desire to support Aboriginal youth achieve personal, educational and career goals!
- Connect with your mentee online for 1-2 hours per week over a period of one school year (September to June)
- Attend an online mentor orientation session at the beginning of the school year
- Participate in ongoing training and support sessions throughout the year